Bishop's College, near Calcutta - 1822
Coloured aquatint of Bishop's College near Calcutta by an anonymous printmaker published in London in 1822 by R. Ackermann for the Missionary Establishment of the Incorporated Society for the Propagation of the Gospel in Foreign parts. Bishop's College was established in the early 1820s at Sibpur by the first Bishop of Calcutta, Thomas Middleton, as part of a scheme for a theological college along the lines of that at Cambridge. It contained a chapel, houses, library and lecture rooms.
Copyright © The British Library Board