Shrine at Haripur, North West Frontier Province, Pakistan - 1865
Photograph of a small shrine at Haripur, North West Frontier Province, Pakistan, taken by an unknown photographer in the 1860s. This temple has two cat-like stone figures guarding the steps. The town of Haripur was founded in 1822 by Sardar Hari Singh, the Sikh Governor of Hazara. It became the headquarters of the Haripur tahsil of the Hazara District after annexation. However, it was abandoned in favour of Abbottabad in 1853.
Image and Text credit:
Copyright © The British Library Board